central Oregon rendezvous
September 10-16, 2018
Please join us for the IWFF Rendezvous near Sisters Oregon where we will fish the Deschutes, Metolius, McKenzie, and Crooked Rivers. The Deschutes is a premier stream famous for the beautiful and hard-fighting “redband” trout. Guided floats are a great way to fish it. The Metolius is a crystal-clear, “technical” spring creek containing large rainbows, browns and bull trout. The McKenzie is a 90-Mile tributary of the Willamette River in western Oregon which has become a favorite of past participants. The Crooked is a prolific tail water fishery with easy shore access and good for all skill levels. September also offers some great lake fishing in the Cascades, consider a day fishing East or Hosmer Lake.
We have added a day to this year’s rendezvous to provide members the opportunity to take advantage of the many activities the area has to offer in addition to fishing. Central Oregon is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts who want to kayak, golf, hike, mountain bike, or horseback ride. And the nearby small town of Sisters is a fun, window-shopping town with numerous art galleries, craft stores and clothing boutiques. Hike to the top of Black Butte, visit the High Desert Museum in Bend or take advantage of educational opportunities. Other activities include a cocktail party at the local fly shop, two group dinners, and a final celebration dinner party.
- When: September 10-16 (6 nights)
- Where: Black Butte Ranch (Blackbutteranch.com) near Sisters, Oregon
- Lodging Cost: We have reserved several homes near each other at Black Butte Ranch. Regular rooms with one or two beds are priced at $110/night. Suites (attached baths) are limited and available for $130/night. if you have questions, please contact Susan Utterback at email@example.com or 503-784-4955.
- Guided Fishing Costs: Floats on the Deschutes and McKenzie River (and guiding on other rivers/lakes) is available at 10% off the posted rate from “The Fly Fishers Place” http://flyfishersplace.com). To book a guide, please contact Mary Ann Dozer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-760-6057
- Registration and Initial Deposit: $75.00 nonrefundable registration fee and nonrefundable lodging deposit of $330 to be paid online to IWFF by February 15, 2018. to confirm participation. Please indicate on the Registration form whether you want a single room or to share a double room. Also indicate if you have a preferred roommate or would like to be paired up with someone. Remaining room payments for those in single/Master suite rooms will be due later in the spring.
- Directions: If flying, you can fly to Redmond, Oregon and drive approximately 40 minutes to Sisters, or fly to Portland which is 3 ½ hrs. away. If driving, it’s an 8-hour drive from the Bay area, 7 hours from Spokane and 6 hours from Seattle.
You must be a current member of International Women Fly Fishers to participate. Please CLICK HERE to become a member or update your membership. If a current member, CLICK HERE to register for the event. Registration Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.