Sea of Cortez, Baja, Mexico
May 12-19, 2018
If fly fishing the salt is on your bucket list, our Spring Rendezvous to Mexico near Baja’s East Cape is a wonderful chance to fulfill that dream and experience the thrill of catching powerful ocean fish on the fly that will make your reel scream! We will fish with experienced guide Gary Bulla. Gary has guided and fished southern Baja in the Punta Arenas/Cerralvo Island area for 25 years. This is where the world record roosterfish live. As Gary puts it, “I love this area because of the variety of habitat which provides a smorgasbord of fish for the inshore flyfisher.”
- When: May 12-19, 2018 (7 nights)
- Where: Baja Joes in La Ventana, Mexico
- Lodging & Fishing Cost: $2780 single occupancy price (limited double occupancy is available for $2690). Cost includes lodging on a white sandy beach, all meals, 5-6 days of fishing with boats and Captains, instruction and beer, other excursions, a talk on the history of Baja, ending with a casting competition and Captain’s party. (airfare, bait, tips and transport to and from the airport are excluded). Go to www.garybulla.com to learn more about the trip. Once you’ve registered online, contact Gary directly to pay your non refundable 50% deposit and secure your room.
- Registration: $10 nonrefundable registration fee to be paid online to IWFF prior to securing your room.
- Directions: Fly into San Jose Del Cabo. (target arrival and departure close to 2pm)
This Rendezvous is limited to 9 flygals, so reserve early.
You must be a current member of International Women Fly Fishers to participate. Please CLICK HERE to become a member or update your membership. If a current member, CLICK HERE to register for the event. Registration Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
There is a wide range of fish in Sea of Cortez, but we will primarily target Roosterfish and Dorado (Mahi Mahi). If you don’t own a 10-12wt saltwater rod and reel, they are available to rent for $10/day. All skill levels welcome. Contact IWFF Rendezvous host/organizer Karen Hall with your questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org – Baja here we come!